- 1995 – Present: Worked on 300+ projects, 650+ websites, 200+ web applications, and 30+ products.
- 2013 – Present: Technology Consultant.
- 2011-2013: CTO, Adoptive (brand agency)
- 2010: Chief Strategist (“Enterprise 2.0”), Verizon.
- 2009-2010: Founder and CEO of SocialSimple, of a targeting marketing (UIX) / ecommerce startup.
Acquired by NBC Universal for $4.2 million (2010).
- 2008: Lead Hitachi’s first Enterprise Portal.
- 2006-2007: Generated 50% of Modern Postcard‘s revenue through online properties / online marketing.
- 2002: Created ViaSat‘s first “Web” department.
- 2000-2001: Award-winning Engineer of Miva Merchant.
- 1995: Started professional career in web development as a Web Developer/Designer (Varigon, Inc).
- 1993: Self taught web programming.
- 1992: Captain, San Diego Surf Team (Rank #2 in CA).
- 1990-1992: Professional Surfer (Rusty Surfboards).
- Design and development of companies Intranet servicing 2,000+ employees.
- Integrated Human Resources data for employee directory, birthdays, and employee profile updates.
- San Diego, CA.
- Senior Web Developer / Designer (employee).
- Lead and managed design of ecommerce portals, websites, print, and marketing materials.
- 1995-1999 – San Diego, CA.
Book publisher, 10,000+ employees.
- Development of internal web portal to manage access to internal applications.
- Developed on the WordPress framework.
- Developed custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- 12+ years experience in WordPress development (16yrs in PHP experience).
- Created custom themes (70+) and plugins (120+) for corporations, startups, and agencies used for websites, intranets, and secure extranets.
- Developed several enterprise scale apps on the WordPress framework as a Content Management System (CMS).
- Management of clients on technology, public relations, business strategies, and team management.
- Clients included startups, corporate, agencies, universities, night clubs, and celebrities.
- San Diego, CA.
- Established and managed new web/marketing departments.
- Managed web portfolio (100+ applications / websites).
- 2003- 2006 – San Diego, CA.
$112 billion/year company, Forbes #35 ‘Largest Global Companies’ (400,000+ employees).
- Reporting to the CIO office, established a new executive sponsored (C-level) department to lead and unify all Web IT / Marketing resources throughout all enterprise web systems.
- Successfully accomplished executive charter to improve the online user experience and streamline web operations through cross-departmental collaboration.
- Managed international team of architects, web developers, engineers, UX designers, business analysts, QA (team of 70+).
- P&L forecasting.
- 2008 – San Diego, CA.
- Automation of the ecommerce order to printing to delivery to customer process.
- 2006 – San Diego, CA.
- Reporting to the CIO, lead and established company’s first consolidated group of all web resources.
- Generated 50% of company revenue ($20+ million/year in online sales) through online marketing, email campaigns, and personalized print marketing (VDP).
- P&L responsibilities.
- Managed team of web developers, software engineers, UX designers, QA (team of 15+).
- Managed web portfolio (40+ clients): USPS, Avery, FastFrames, Jiffy Lube, modernpostcard.com, networkmailer.com.
San Diego’s largest digital agency.
- Reporting to the CTO, lead and managed all interactive media, user experience (UX), and web development projects.
- Managed international team of designers, web developers (PHP/.NET), and QA (team of 25+).
- Managed web portfolio (100+ clients): Sunkist, Wolfgang Puck, Jenny Craig, California Avocado, Kapalua.com, Summerlin.com, IrvineRanch.com.
- Streamlined enterprise web operations, technology infrastructure, and web development processes.
- 2010-2011 – Boston, MA
Brand management think-tank/agency. New York, NY.
- Served as Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Client collaboration and strategic planning on web marketing, technology architecture, social media.
- Strategic leadership in the areas of technology, mobile, interactive marketing, digital media, social media, cloud computing, and industry insight into the latest trends and innovations in web.
- Reporting and deep analytics of “Big Data” for personalized user experiences / responsive design.
- Managed and planned all technology initiatives, strategies, projects, and resources.
- Managed web portfolio (clients in fashion, health, and technology): Bundoo.com, Macy’s, Walmart, Coach, Komar, Michael Kors, Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Fuhrman, Virgin Airlines.
Healthy living education portal / instructional videos / newsletter.
- Strategic planning with executive staff on brand management/awareness.
- Designed new back-office infrastructure to improve and streamline the POS fulfillment processes.
- New ecommerce vendor selection.
- Redesign of new website, design and technology.
- 2013 – New York, NY.
Startup accelerator connecting high- impact startups with the global resources.
- Redesigned the front-end user experience and streamlined the backend architecture.
- Website and custom web applications built in Drupal.
- 2011 – Boston, MA.