- 1995 – Present: Worked on 300+ projects, 650+ websites, 200+ web applications, and 30+ products.
- 2013 – Present: Technology Consultant.
- 2011-2013: CTO, Adoptive (brand agency)
- 2010: Chief Strategist (“Enterprise 2.0”), Verizon.
- 2009-2010: Founder and CEO of SocialSimple, of a targeting marketing (UIX) / ecommerce startup.
Acquired by NBC Universal for $4.2 million (2010).
- 2008: Lead Hitachi’s first Enterprise Portal.
- 2006-2007: Generated 50% of Modern Postcard‘s revenue through online properties / online marketing.
- 2002: Created ViaSat‘s first “Web” department.
- 2000-2001: Award-winning Engineer of Miva Merchant.
- 1995: Started professional career in web development as a Web Developer/Designer (Varigon, Inc).
- 1993: Self taught web programming.
- 1992: Captain, San Diego Surf Team (Rank #2 in CA).
- 1990-1992: Professional Surfer (Rusty Surfboards).
Team of professional and amateur surfers competing against other teams across California.
- Served as Team Captain.
- Professional surfer, competing in local/national events. Sponsored by Rusty Surfboards & Stussy.
- Managed surf team operations, team training, event logistics, and competition strategies.
- During my leadership the team went from being California state ranked #19 to #2.
- 1994 – 1996 – San Diego, CA.
- 12+ years experience in WordPress development (16yrs in PHP experience).
- Created custom themes (70+) and plugins (120+) for corporations, startups, and agencies used for websites, intranets, and secure extranets.
- Developed several enterprise scale apps on the WordPress framework as a Content Management System (CMS).
- Management of clients on technology, public relations, business strategies, and team management.
- Clients included startups, corporate, agencies, universities, night clubs, and celebrities.
- San Diego, CA.
- Managed the redesign of corporate website and ecommerce.
- Helped with hands-on development of backend and front-end coding.
- 2006-2007 – San Diego, CA.
- Managed customer support web systems and applications enterprise wide.
- Designed architecture of a new web portal unifying 100+ internal applications giving customers a seamless user experience vs multiple logins/experiences.
- 2008 – San Diego, CA.
Ecommerce targeted marketing and UIX via social media data mining/analytics.
- Co-founding CEO and hands-on CTO / CMO of a successful social networking startup.
- Developed and engineered a high volume and “Big Data” SaaS product that personalized ecommerce user experiences (in real-time) through targeted marketing using social graph analytics and various API web services (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, MySpace, Digg, Yelp).
- SlideShare used in TechCrunch 50 => http://www.slideshare.net/jnegretti/social-simple-tech-crunch50-2008-presentation (also embedded below)
- Hired all staff and formed a new company from the ground up (operations/facilities/finance/etc).
- Full P&L responsibilities.
- Investment by Golozo Partners of $2.4 million (2008).
- Company/product acquired by NBC Universal for $4.7 million (2010).
- 2008-2010 – San Diego, CA.
- Streamlined enterprise web operations, technology infrastructure, and web development processes.
- 2010-2011 – Boston, MA
Brand management think-tank/agency. New York, NY.
- Served as Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Client collaboration and strategic planning on web marketing, technology architecture, social media.
- Strategic leadership in the areas of technology, mobile, interactive marketing, digital media, social media, cloud computing, and industry insight into the latest trends and innovations in web.
- Reporting and deep analytics of “Big Data” for personalized user experiences / responsive design.
- Managed and planned all technology initiatives, strategies, projects, and resources.
- Managed web portfolio (clients in fashion, health, and technology): Bundoo.com, Macy’s, Walmart, Coach, Komar, Michael Kors, Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Fuhrman, Virgin Airlines.
Parenting website where parents can interact directly with doctors and childcare experts and get actionable information.
- Design and development of product/startup from concept to development to public launch.
- Integrated Amazon affiliate services (Marketplace).
- Brand management on design/logo/etc.
- Served as advisory CTO.
- http://585k5j.axshare.com/ (wireframes to develop against)
- 2013 – New York, NY.
Industry leading ecommere platform with an extendable module API. Over 400,000+ installations.
- Lead Engineer and Product Evangelist.
- Redesigned and engineered module API architecture (still used today).
- Managed development of most features (inventory, shipping, products, themes).
- Product used by eBay, PayPal, Foursquare, Taylor Swift, Nautica, and many more popular ecommerce websites.
- $100 billion online sales, 400,000+ installations.
- San Diego, CA.
Mobile app and desktop publishing tool that lets you drop words, images, videos, and music on a map for others to discover and share.
- Developed backend API for a location based media sharing mobile app.
- App launched at SXSW (March 2013).
- 2012-2013 – Boston, MA.
Healthy foods education blog and daily newsletter.
http://www.cleanplates.com/ (new website unlaunched)
- Existing website was developed and structured poorly by resources no longer with the company.
- Realigned the backend architecture to accommodate a singular database of content (vs many unnecessary instances).
- Discovered and fixed lots of security flaws in the legacy custom administration.
- Helped with social media strategies and initiatives.
- 2014 – New York, NY.
Personalized content and targeting marketing through deep analysis of user’s social graph using data algorithms.
http://uppertag.com/ (app unlaunched)
- Designed and development of a “recommendation engine” that analyzes a user’s social graph through complex big data algorithms, content analytics, and mathematical equations.
- Developed in PHP (LAMP).
- 2012 – Present.
Enterprise architecture of HP’s enterprise cloud services and community SDK.
- Development of HP Helion website in WordPress with a custom theme.
- Trained marketing staff developers on enterprise scale engineering.
- 2015 – Seattle, WA.