- 1995 – Present: Worked on 300+ projects, 650+ websites, 200+ web applications, and 30+ products.
- 2013 – Present: Technology Consultant.
- 2011-2013: CTO, Adoptive (brand agency)
- 2010: Chief Strategist (“Enterprise 2.0”), Verizon.
- 2009-2010: Founder and CEO of SocialSimple, of a targeting marketing (UIX) / ecommerce startup.
Acquired by NBC Universal for $4.2 million (2010).
- 2008: Lead Hitachi’s first Enterprise Portal.
- 2006-2007: Generated 50% of Modern Postcard‘s revenue through online properties / online marketing.
- 2002: Created ViaSat‘s first “Web” department.
- 2000-2001: Award-winning Engineer of Miva Merchant.
- 1995: Started professional career in web development as a Web Developer/Designer (Varigon, Inc).
- 1993: Self taught web programming.
- 1992: Captain, San Diego Surf Team (Rank #2 in CA).
- 1990-1992: Professional Surfer (Rusty Surfboards).
Live video steaming app to your friends.
- Served as interim-CTO.
- Previous CTO unexpectedly quit so I temporally came on-board to serve as CTO until a permanent CTO was selected/hired.
- Collaborated with executive staff on product development (app still in development).
- Managed team of developers and project management.
- 2015 – Boston, MA.
An online social audio platform where the community submits and rates their most appreciated audio/video highlights and podcasts around technology and business.
- Served as (virtual) CTO guiding the product from concept to implementation.
- New York, NY.
Social networking photo sharing website with cash awards to winning contest entries.
- Served as CTO managing development (backend and front-end).
- Redesigned and redeveloped website from Django to PHP (Drupal and WordPress).
- 2008-2009 – San Diego, CA.
- Management of clients on technology, public relations, business strategies, and team management.
- Clients included startups, corporate, agencies, universities, night clubs, and celebrities.
- San Diego, CA.
$112 billion/year company, Forbes #35 ‘Largest Global Companies’ (400,000+ employees).
- Reporting to the CIO office, established a new executive sponsored (C-level) department to lead and unify all Web IT / Marketing resources throughout all enterprise web systems.
- Successfully accomplished executive charter to improve the online user experience and streamline web operations through cross-departmental collaboration.
- Managed international team of architects, web developers, engineers, UX designers, business analysts, QA (team of 70+).
- P&L forecasting.
- 2008 – San Diego, CA.
San Diego’s largest digital agency.
- Reporting to the CTO, lead and managed all interactive media, user experience (UX), and web development projects.
- Managed international team of designers, web developers (PHP/.NET), and QA (team of 25+).
- Managed web portfolio (100+ clients): Sunkist, Wolfgang Puck, Jenny Craig, California Avocado, Kapalua.com, Summerlin.com, IrvineRanch.com.
Ecommerce targeted marketing and UIX via social media data mining/analytics.
- Co-founding CEO and hands-on CTO / CMO of a successful social networking startup.
- Developed and engineered a high volume and “Big Data” SaaS product that personalized ecommerce user experiences (in real-time) through targeted marketing using social graph analytics and various API web services (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, MySpace, Digg, Yelp).
- SlideShare used in TechCrunch 50 => http://www.slideshare.net/jnegretti/social-simple-tech-crunch50-2008-presentation (also embedded below)
- Hired all staff and formed a new company from the ground up (operations/facilities/finance/etc).
- Full P&L responsibilities.
- Investment by Golozo Partners of $2.4 million (2008).
- Company/product acquired by NBC Universal for $4.7 million (2010).
- 2008-2010 – San Diego, CA.
- Streamlined enterprise web operations, technology infrastructure, and web development processes.
- 2010-2011 – Boston, MA
Brand management think-tank/agency. New York, NY.
- Served as Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Client collaboration and strategic planning on web marketing, technology architecture, social media.
- Strategic leadership in the areas of technology, mobile, interactive marketing, digital media, social media, cloud computing, and industry insight into the latest trends and innovations in web.
- Reporting and deep analytics of “Big Data” for personalized user experiences / responsive design.
- Managed and planned all technology initiatives, strategies, projects, and resources.
- Managed web portfolio (clients in fashion, health, and technology): Bundoo.com, Macy’s, Walmart, Coach, Komar, Michael Kors, Yale School of Medicine, Dr. Fuhrman, Virgin Airlines.
Parenting website where parents can interact directly with doctors and childcare experts and get actionable information.
- Design and development of product/startup from concept to development to public launch.
- Integrated Amazon affiliate services (Marketplace).
- Brand management on design/logo/etc.
- Served as advisory CTO.
- http://585k5j.axshare.com/ (wireframes to develop against)
- 2013 – New York, NY.
Hollywood news magazine and website.
- Re-developed and re-designed website and CMS from Drupal to WordPress on WordPress VIP servers.
- Served as Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Strong collaboration with CEO, COO, and executive editorial staff.
- 2013 – Los Angeles, CA.
Personalized content and targeting marketing through deep analysis of user’s social graph using data algorithms.
http://uppertag.com/ (app unlaunched)
- Designed and development of a “recommendation engine” that analyzes a user’s social graph through complex big data algorithms, content analytics, and mathematical equations.
- Developed in PHP (LAMP).
- 2012 – Present.